IELTS Speaking Test Answer: Describe Your Hometown? How can you describe your hometown for an IELTS Speaking Test? For your IELTS preparation, we’ve given some possible answers in this article.
Describe your hometown. What should you say?
- Where it is located?
- Describe the place properly.
- What is special about it?
- Why is your city special to you?
- What it is known for?
- What do you like about it?
- How important is your hometown to you?
- What do you not like about it?
- Is your hometown a good place to live?
- What are the main industries in your hometown?
- How has your hometown changed over the years?
- Do you think you will continue to live in your hometown?
Question: Talk about your hometown?
Answer: My hometown is Dhaka, This is the capital city of Bangladesh. Dhaka is located at the center of Bangladesh. It is the most populous city in the country and one of the most densely populated cities in the world. It has an ancient history and has many tourist attractions including ancient temples and monuments which attract a lot of travel thirsty people.
Question: How would you describe your hometown?
Answer: My hometown is Mumbai, the capital of Maharashtra, India. This city is one of the largest and most densely populated cities in the world. Mumbai’s tourism industry attracts thousands of people from all over the world. The main chemical, petrochemical, and pharmaceutical industries are located within the city. Moreover, the Reserve Bank of India is located in Mumbai. This city is also called the Gateway Of India.
Question: How do you describe your hometown?
Answer: In fact, I was born in Delhi, India. I lived there for about 15 years. So Delhi is my hometown. This city is famous for its prominent markets like Connaught Place, Sarojini Nagar, Palika Bazar, Sadar Market, where a wide variety of products are available at reasonable prices. Delhi is known for its diversity, which is a positive feature of India. It is one of the tourist destinations in India. 10 years ago I had the opportunity to leave India. Currently, I live in Australia.
Question: What is the most popular means of transportation in your hometown?
Answer: I would say motorbikes without a doubt. Almost everyone in my country travels by motorbike. I do believe that their convenience and reasonable price account for why they are so popular. Moreover, there is a wide variety of choices in terms of size, color, and quality available for everyone.
Question: Do you like your hometown?
Answer: I love my hometown for many reasons. First, the locals are very friendly to tourists. so, it is a very caring and interesting city. Secondly, it has many attractions such as amusement parks and museums for people to have lots of fun. I like it because of its weather. So there is a lot of productivity. It is quite peaceful and foreigners can come here and spend a lot of fun time.
Question: What is there for a foreigner to do or see in your hometown?
Answer: Seafood is a unique specialty here, many foreigners come from far and wide to enjoy a variety of indigenous dishes made with fresh seafood. The restaurants are well known throughout the country and they have many unique titles. There are also landscapes here so many photographers also come and take thousands of pictures.
IELTS Speaking Sample Questions: Topic Hometown
- Describe your Hometown?
- What is it known for?
- What is your hometown like?
- Are you from a town or a village?
- How does your home town look like?
- What are people like in your hometown?
- How could your home town be improved?
- Would you say it’s a good place to live? Why?
- What is the most interesting part of your home town?
- What kinds of jobs do the people in your home town?
- Has your hometown changed much since you were a child?
- What kinds of public transport are there in your hometown?
- I there good public transportation in your home town?
- What would you recommend a visitor to see or do in this town?
- Do you think your hometown is a good place to bring up children?
Most commonly misspelled words
IELTS interview questions and answers